The 3G altoZone™ is an all IP, outdoor pole or wall mountable, passively cooled 3G Node B, with a coverage radius of up to 500m.
It has been specifically designed to optimise satellite backhaul and, with a power consumption of 23 Watts, is ideal for solar deployments.
Data congestion in wireless networks is a growing challenge for operators globally. The 3G altoZone™ which incorporates Data-at-the-Edge™ (DatE™) technology, delivers affordable mobile broadband connectivity for remote communities by reducing mobile network operators’ backhaul requirements by over 40%.
3G altoZone™ Key Features
- Fully sealed IP65 environmental rating
- Passive cooling with minimum maintenance
- Small form factor allows simple install
- Pole mountable close to antenna requiring short low loss feeder connection
- Low power consumption, ideal for solar powered sites
- Voice prioritisation
- Seamless 3G to 2G interaction
- HTTP acceleration for improved performance over high latency links
- Data and image compression
- Byte caching
- Header compression
- 3G user experience over satellite