The 2G altoPod™ is an all IP, outdoor pole or wall mountable, passively cooled 2 TRX BTS, supporting up to 1200 subscribers covering a radius of up to 10km.
Designed to withstand the harshest environmental conditions, the 2G altoPod™ allows the operator to deploy GSM coverage over satellite in the most remote parts of the world.
Ideally suited to solar deployments and with an average power consumption of 90 Watts, the 2G altoPod™ can be deployed quickly in the most challenging environments.
2G altoPod™ Key Features
- Fully sealed IP 67 environmental rating
- Passive cooling with minimum maintenance
- Small form factor allows simple install
- Pole mountable close to antenna requiring short low loss feeder connection
- Low power consumption, ideal for solar powered sites
- Split Architecture™ BSC
- Optimised backhaul over VSAT: 4kbps bandwidth per active call
- Zero bandwidth required when altoPod™ is in idle mode during off peak traffic periods
- Local Connectivity™ with Lawful Intercept
- Channel Quenching
- Intelligent power amplifier management
- Paging optimisation