The DatE™ Converter
The image above introduces the DatE™ convertor configuration. The features of the solution are as follows:
- Supports LI and E911
- All data tracking is carried through the core even though it is not carried over the backhaul – only key clicks and URLs are backhauled
- Video content is on-loaded at the edge, everything else goes through core
Services are prepositioned
- It supports all wireless technologies including Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi, Femto, and small cell authentication through gateway nodes
- End-user experience is the same for all technologies
Content routing allows different transport options
With the ability to split content at the cell site, minimal content is carried through the core network. Content delivery enables the creation of parallel overlay networks. Ownership of the content delivery network can be separate from that of the mobile network. This also opens up many more choices for delivery of the content through services such as satellite, or a combination of microwave bandwidths, because content is no longer embedded in the core.
The image below shows how the transport network could be architected.
As discussed above, using the Altobridge ‘content routing’ software, different network architectures can be constructed, which allows significant financial OPEX and CAPEX savings for mobile operators.